M E is committed to producing sustainable interior architecture and engineering design through the application of innovative and ecological principles. We believe that a sustainable design is both socially responsible and commercially essential.
Design for sustainability offers the opportunity to enhance business reputation as an innovator in the trend towards sustainability and social responsibility. The benefits include increased productivity, staff satisfaction and retention, as well as offering competitive business advantage and minimising risk relating to future regulations.
M E is dedicated to continuously improving the collective skills and knowledge of our employees, therefore allowing us to consistently maintain the benefits we are able to provide to our clients. Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) is one of the latest trends from United States Green Building Council (USGBC) we are currently attaining individual employee accreditation to better serve our clients.
Internationally Recognised Sustainability Practices
Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED)
M E & Associates is registered as a U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) Organization Member which demonstrates affiliation with and support of USGBC and there are a number of staffs are undergoing accreditation in the LEED system. Working with a number of projects to attain LEED certification, M E is dedicated towards providing sustainable designs to be socially responsible and commercially essential.
LEED is an internationally recognized green building certification system, providing third-party verification that a building or community was designed and built using strategies aimed at improving performance across all the metrics that matter most: energy savings, water efficiency, CO2 emissions reduction, improved indoor environmental quality, and stewardship of resources and sensitivity to their impacts.
Developed by the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC), LEED provides building owners and operators a concise framework for identifying and implementing practical and measurable green building design, construction, operations and maintenance solutions.
LEED is flexible enough to apply to all building types – commercial as well as residential. It works throughout the building lifecycle – design and construction, operations and maintenance, tenant fit out, and significant retrofit. And LEED for Neighborhood Development extends the benefits of LEED beyond the building footprint into the neighborhood it serves.
M E has the expertise and experience to assist our clients in gaining this prestigious international recognition.
Registered Energy Assessor (REA)
As a qualified REA accredited by EMSD under the Energy Efficiency Registration Scheme at HKSAR it is required that we:
- Certify the declarations by building developers that suitable design provisions of relevant building services installations have been incorporated into the planning and design of buildings in accordance with the Building Energy Code (BEC), and have been installed and completed in compliance with the BEC, so as to apply for Certificate of Compliance Registration (COCR) from Director of Electrical and Mechanical Services;
- Certify the relevant building services installation involved in major retrofitting works that the installations comply with the BEC, issue Forms of Compliance (FOC) to responsible persons or owners of the premises concerned; or
- Conduct energy audits and issue Energy Audit From (EAF) for owners of commercial buildings and commercial portion of composite buildings in respect of the central building service installations at interval not longer than ten years.
Under the Energy Efficiency Registration scheme, M E serves to promote the application of the BECs covering lighting, air conditioning, electrical and life & escalator installations which stipulate the minimum energy performance standards (MEP) of these installations.
Creating an Energy Awareness Program is the foundation of achieving energy conservation. It is an important step in strengthening the commitment of an organization in pursuing Energy Efficiencies for its premises.
The following are key deliverables in an Energy Awareness Programme which M E’s Registered Energy Assessor (REA) can assist in.
- Establishing and implementing energy savings policies
- Developing and implementing energy operating procedures
- Designing and developing promotional materials to raise awareness
- Developing and implementing information sharing protocols and procedures
- Developing and implementing incentive plans for staffs participation
- Developing and implementing energy reporting protocols and procedures